Getting into Details
High Velocity IT
High Velocity IT Enabled Agility in an Organisation is what I set the Context in my previous blog, There are many questions out there I will cover the details in the entirety of my thought process in this Blog.
The Entire Concept of IT has been to use it for its fastness and processing speeds to enable faster delivery of anything and everything in an organisation. As we proceed the needs and the expectations are increasing and with the commencement of use of Emerging Technologies the responses expected are faster, on time and error free.
High Velocity IT
Enabling a Digital Organisation is the Task for High Velocity IT, To elaborate more its all about IT being the Backbone of Every Decision within an Organisation – Be is Operational, Tactical or Strategical and Yes the Pace should be Faster, Error Free and On Time.
Now Apply this to everywhere in an Organisation:
- Hiring the Right Candidate
- Making that Fast Decision on an Acquisition or a Partnership
- Making that decision of a Design Deliverable
- Making that decision on the Production Levels
- Making a Decision on an Investment
- Hiring the Right Service Provider
- Checking the Quality Levels of a Product
- Investing on a Possible Prototype
- Approaching the possible investors
- Decision on the New Feature or Model Release
- Decision on Expansion
- Decision on Starting a New Division or Stepping into a New Business
- Investing on a New Technology
- Analysing the Risks – All Operational, Tactical and Strategical
- Auto Cascade of Scope of Control and Operational Objectives
And Much more
Now Envision what IT and Emerging Technologies can contribute to this also analyse where we are headed – Not even close right?
There is lot of Data to be collected for all of the above, We have it available but we aren’t headed in the right direction. Also the technologies what we have enables the processing of this but not one product to enable this currently. In addition to this there is no control on the quality of data that is being sourced.
The above Examples are at the Level 5 of LKN’s Maturity Model posted in one of the Last Blogs.
High Velocity IT enables this and to start with we at least need to take the Baby Steps.
Few Use Cases for Baby Steps:
- Start automating Operational Decisions as small as Managers Approvals on Requests – These Decisions have a logic and can be embedded into workflows.
- Start simplifying feedback and experience responses and use AI Ops to Analyse them.
- Start automating Standard Changes in IT – 100% Automation – Includes Instance Management, Disk Space Management, License Management, CPU Management, Storage Management, Access and User Account Management, Server Management, CMDB Management, Vulnerability and Risk Management
- Enable Resilient IT by Automating Auto Resolutions – Server Issues, Application issues, Connectivity Issues – Start with Basics. If you don’t trust the providers and due to hackers build in-house – Remember the Chaos Monkey? Netflix did it, Anyone can
- Start using Github for Every Development, Enable Contributions to Github, Use DevOps for Platform and Version Maintenance
- Start Innovating, No Matter How small, Build that Culture
- Make that Billing Process Fully Automated and Error Free
- Make that Governance Process Automated, Cascade the Objectives Automatically, Monitor them Automatically using AI Ops
- Use that Chatbots to cater to Frequent Customer Interactions, Use the AI Ops for Analysis and Make that Analysis generate different views as needed to cater to different levels
- Enable that Auto Compliance Management
- Create the Transparency across the End-to-End aspect of delivery with Customers using all emerging technologies
You know what, its not the Complexity or the Risks that’s a threat for this process or enablement. Its the Ethical Behaviour needed which is lacking. Leaders understand IR V or Industrial Revolution V needs Immense Transparency and Most Ethical Practices – That’s were the Bottleneck is. If you fix that everything falls in place.
Imagine the Twitter Deal doesn’t need so much of Time, Its the Ethical Behaviour that’s in Question which is delaying the Deal, There are loads of examples such as this.
With this I end this blog,
The Question is on the Ethical Behaviour of Organisations and Leaders,
How transparent can they be?
How Ethical are they at the grassroots level?